History

1955

IPD began as a business venture between friends Bob Rasmussen and Walter Storm, who both had backgrounds in manufacturing and distribution, particularly in off-highway products. They began packaging gasket sets for Caterpillar equipment and launched their own gasket set product line. The Industrial Parts Depot was officially born.

1960s and 1970s

IPD launched additional product lines like turbochargers, injector nozzles and eventually their innovative induction-hardened cylinder liners.

1981

IPD purchases Jahn’s Piston Company and set up equipment to manufacture Diesel Engine Pistons.

1984

Develops the first 3-ring piston for Caterpillar 3208 engines reducing blow-by and increasing engine performance and life.

1994

Develops the innovative IPD “123 Style™” Gasket Sets.

1995

IPD Opens branch office in Denmark.

1996

IPD Opens branch office in Australia.

2003

IPD begins production of innovative IPDSteel™ articulated pistons for diesel engines, a first in aftermarket.

2005

IPD celebrates our 50th year in business!

2006

IPD opens new state-of-the-art cylinder liner manufacturing facility dedicated to IPD production.

2007

IPD achieves ISO9001:2000 certification by Lloyd’s Register.

2008

Receives patent for Cylinder Liner with Cooling Groove.

2011

Awarded patent for Investment Cast 2-piece Steel Crown Piston.

2015

IPD celebrates 60th anniversary!

2017

IPD Awarded patent for friction welded 2-piece piston 4th groove design.

2018

IPD achieves ISO 9001: 2015 certification.